People considering liposuction plastic surgery should research the procedure for clarity on various aspects. Liposuction candidates should review the credentials and qualifications of the plastic surgeon they choose to work with.
Patients who are informed and knowledgeable tend to make better choices and usually attain higher levels of satisfaction from the procedure. A dedicated liposuction surgeon will be willing to spend time with the patient to address any concerns or questions they may have regarding liposuction surgery.
The patient should freely ask questions, more than once if necessary, until all their doubts and concerns are resolved. The Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery (VIPS), led by board certified plastic surgeons Dr. Burton M. Sundin and Dr. Reps B. Sundin, provides liposuction to patients in Richmond, Fredericksburg, Tysons Corner, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and surrounding locations.
Good Rapport and Trust
If the patient and surgeon have a trusting and transparent relationship, it can lead to better outcomes in cosmetic procedures such as liposuction. A significant procedure such as liposuction represents a personal journey for the patient, and one in which the surgeon should be available to guide them at every step of the way.
The surgeon will make all possible efforts to ensure that the patient is at ease, and help them form realistic expectations from the procedure. To this end, many surgeons also showcase liposuction before and after images of previous patients to the new patient.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board-certified in plastic surgery?
- What number of years of surgical training and practical experience do you have in the area of liposuction surgery?
- Do you undertake body contouring surgeries such as liposuction on a regular basis? How satisfied have your previous patients been with their results?
- Will you perform the procedure at an ambulatory surgical center, a private surgical suite, or a hospital?
- Do you have staff privileges at a local hospital?
- Is your practice equipped to handle emergency situations?
- What are your policies on revision surgery in case I am dissatisfied with the results of the procedure?
- What other plastic surgeries do you undertake?
Questions about Liposuction
- Am I a suitable liposuction candidate?
- Do you recommend any nonsurgical procedures in addition to liposuction or as a substitute for liposuction?
- Prior to the procedure, will I need to make any changes to my diet, lifestyle, and/or medicine schedule?
- Will you perform the liposuction under local or general anesthesia?
- Will the liposuction be an outpatient or inpatient procedure?
- What are the possible risks and complications associated with liposuction surgery that I should be aware of?
- How many days will I need to remain at home to recover from the surgery?
- Can I view liposuction before and after images of previous patients?
Questions about the Cost
- What is the estimated cost of undergoing liposuction surgery at your practice?
- Do the estimated costs include expenses related to the surgical venue and anesthesiologist’s fee?
- What are the approximate post-operative costs such as expenses related to compression garments, medical exams, and prescription drugs?
- Will there be additional charges for my post-op office appointments?
- Will it be more cost-effective for me if I choose to undergo liposuction along with another procedure?
- Can I receive insurance coverage for liposuction surgery under some specific circumstances?
- Will your administrative staff be able to offer me guidance of medical care financing options?
The patient should ensure that they are fully satisfied with the surgeon’s responses to their questions and concerns before making a final decision on undergoing liposuction surgery.
Plastic surgeons at the Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery receive patients from Richmond, Fredericksburg, Tysons Corner, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and nearby areas for liposuction.For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. Reps Sundin and Dr. Burton Sundin at the Virginia Institute of Plastic Surgery and M Body Contouring and Laser Centerplease visit:
Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Ashburn, Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Fredricksburg, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Maryland Richmond, VA and surrounding communities.